Saturday 10 April 2010

Crafty Lunch Break

Part of today's activities was lunch at the craft fair in Shepperton. Former Lib Dem Councillor Joan Ponton has run this for many years, and it is still going strong. After we had enjoyed our tea and rolls (and some cake for one or two!), I had a walk round the stalls, and talked about the many different skills employed in the crafts on offer. I confess to buying a lovely knitted cardigan for my daughter, and some other bits and pieces. The standard of work on show was impressive. Even though I was steering clear of chatting politics, many people there wanted to ask questions about the election, and it was a nice relaxed atmosphere to have a natter about the campaign. Having walked away with some kind words and great purchases, I'll certainly be back next time!

No comments: